mercredi 12 septembre 2018

Automating an SSL Connection through an Application

I'm working on a project which currently requires the user to VPN (with credentials) into a network to search and download some files from a third party. I'm working on automating the process and one challenge I'm facing is having the application itself create an SSL connection for the task (and end the connection when done) so that I can make an API request. From my poking around, I've been able to deduce I would need a stream socket and point it to the proper end point and port (that of the third party), however I do not have the ability to manipulate anything on the side of the third party which seems to be part of the solution. I'm not even too sure if I have to manipulate anything on the side of the third party.

This area is pretty foreign to me. I'm not asking for a solution but maybe a starting point or something worth looking into. I'm not even too sure what kind of questions need answering.

I did find these which do relate to my question: python SSL connection VPN connection contained within an application

Ultimately this is a Ruby on Rails application. It has been suggested to me to keep the application VPN'd in but it is an unrealistic solution.

Thanks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire