samedi 20 août 2016

What should i choose for the future (Ruby on Rails or Coldfusion)? [on hold]

I don't know with what tag should i ask this, but i have dilemma in my thoughts for now. I would like to hear the best possible way to decide. I am 22 years young, started to learn programming when i was around 19. The first language what i seriously took was Ruby on Rails, i was starting to learn it 2015 on July. I was hoping that i could get a Ruby on Rails job as fast as possible I really enjoyed it but it was hard to learn. So i stoped to learn Ruby on Rails on 2016 February because i knew one person through my father which thinked a lot and at the end offered me database developer role which they needed a lot. I told him that im not so good at databases but that was ok. I did not felt like junior Ruby on Rails developer btw. I was happy that i get first offer and i accepted it. The role was based in London. Company is based generally on ColdFusion and on SQL. I've started on March to learn SQL, but after two or three months i started to learn even other things that the company does about coldfusion and system administrating.

Is that ok that im receiving 20k £ / year as junior developer? Even now im working there 5 months and when should i ask for rise? Guys who are teaching me tells that im fast learner but with weak previous knowledge.

And the time has come that i started to think about future, about that i want to receive good salary, but CF is not the one instead of Ruby on Rails which is a lot more demanding language nowadays.

I think that it is good that i have started to work there. But i'm thinking what i could learn at home as extra - CF or ROR? If i will learn ROR then probably in future i will change my job to it. This is too complicated for to think out, maybe you can tell some advise or is my situation fine enough for now?

Thank you

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire