mardi 16 août 2016

Rails 3.2 SSRS and SavonRD

I'm integrating my Rails 3.2 app with SSRS for reporting using Savonrb to do the Soap call to the SSRS web service. Everything is finally working and I can successfully make the following calls:

  1. LoadReport
  2. SetExecutionParameters
  3. Render

The render call takes a format parameter (in my case PDF) and returns an XML response. I thought the call would result in the report being rendered in a pdf, but it doesn't. What do I need to do with the response object to render the report?

code below:

response = @client.call(:load_report, message: {report: "/path/to/report"} )

response =  @client.call(:set_execution_parameters, message: { "Parameters" => param1} )

response =  @client.call(:render, message: {"Format" => "PDF"})

Thanks!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire