mardi 28 juillet 2015

How to properly mix in a Rails helper

I'm trying to add some custom behavior to I18n. Since we want this behavior to be performed in I18n itself as well as the Rails TranslationHelper before their respective translate methods, I've created the following module in lib/translate_extension.rb:

module TranslateExtention
  def new_translate(*args)
    ...

    translate(...) 
  end
end

In config/initializers/i18n.rb the following is working:

module I18n
  extend TranslateExtention
end

However I'm having trouble getting it added as a helper. The following in config/initializers/translation_helper.rb is not doing the trick:

module ActionView
  module Helpers
    module TranslationHelper
      include TranslateExtention
    end
  end
end

I keep getting told that new_translate is not defined for my views.

This is being done on Rails 3.2.22

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire