jeudi 23 juillet 2015

create active record in rails except particular key in hash

I am searching from quite a long time now and I cannot figure out how to create active record in rails with hash except particular key in the hash.

What I am currently doing is

  ingre = {:name => "pepper", :std_qty => 2, :quantity => 20}

  quantity = ingre[:quantity]
    ingre.delete(:quantity)
  ingredient = Ingredient.new(ingre)
  ingredient.save!

I do not have quantity column in my ingredients table, there are only name and std_qty. and I don't want to use delete because it is not very concise way. I know that there is some way where in we can avoid key quantity while building the object ingredient instead of deleting externally. can anyone tell me what it is

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire