dimanche 10 septembre 2017

Was able to view the rails start page after 'rails server', but unable to now on cloud9

I've tried to search for the answer to my question but couldn't find it. Apologies if this has been answered already.

So I've been doing a Ruby on Rails course from Udemy, and after create an application, I decided to start from the beginning and recreating the application.

lol, I got stuck right at step one :(

So I went to my cloud9, went to my terminal where my rails projects were and created a new rails project rails new myApp

Afterwards, I went into it cd myApp, then ran rails server

I noticed before, it would say webBRICK, but now it says puma

Also, I get this:

=> Booting Puma => Rails 5.1.4 application starting in development => Run ' rails server -h ' for more startup options Puma starting in single mode... * Version 3.10.0 (ruby 2.4.1-p111), codename: Russell's Teapot * Min threads: 5, max threads: 5 * Environment: development * Listening on tcp://localhost:8080 Use Ctrl-C to stop

Usually, at the end of the 2nd line, there is in development http://localhost:3000 But I'm not getting that at all now.

I can't even go to the page to see that default rails page. I've even tried manually entering it in with no luck.

So I'm just wondering, is there something I've done to change things?

I've tried multiple things.

rails s -p $PORT -b $IP', 'killall ruby, creating a new workspace

Sadly none of these or other solutions have worked. It's annoyed me as I was able to see the rails page I made before but now, nothing happens/just can't even find the rails page.

(The course I did installed Heroku and github credentials. I'm currently on a new workspace in cloud9).

Just wondering if there is anything else I can try?

Thanks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire