jeudi 28 septembre 2017

errors replacing development.sqlite3 with another development.sqlite3 on rails

I am trying out an example from a book head first rails, i get to chapter 2 and i have issues following the instructions maybe because they used an older version of rails.

I am told to replace the development.sqlite3 file with the one provided on the site, and when i do so and try to run the run app again i get errors about pending migrations.

Note:
1. I already ran my migration using rake db:migrate
2. I downloaded the sqlite3 file and replaced the original file.
3. i started the server with rails s command.
4. I reload the page and then i get the error.

ActiveRecord::PendingMigrationError Migrations are pending. To resolve this issue, run: bin/rails db:migrate RAILS_ENV=development

I have a feeling it has something to do with the schema.rb file? i dunno. I'll really appreciate if someone can help me out here.
I have done my research, i've tried rake db:reset but to no avail. :(

see here: [1]: http://ift.tt/2fAwPWb you can scroll down to the code download section under chapter 2.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire