vendredi 30 octobre 2015

Rails: multiple submit button outside simple form

Say I have an Article model, and in the Article model 'settings' view I have two submit buttons outside of a form, "update Details" and "Next Template".

My question is how can I know which button is clicked in the controller. Both submit button is outside of a simple form. I tried like:

 <%= f.submit "update Details",name: "update_details", class: "x-update" %>


<%= f.submit 'Next Template', name: "next_template", class: "x-next" %>

and the logic is the same on the controller

   if params[:update_details]
      [..]
   elsif params[:next_template]
      [..]
   end

but it doesn't work. How do I do that? I can't change the route, so is there a way to send a different variable that gets picked up by [:params]?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire