mercredi 21 octobre 2015

Connection between Twitter status and Ruby on Rails

I'm trying to bring my latest status from Twitter to my Rails app. I have the config details stored in an initialiser and have it displaying my latest tweet, but I want to also bring the date of this tweet. I have the following code and not sure whether to try and amend it or start again.

initializers.twitter.rb

module TwitterStatus
 $client = Twitter::REST::Client.new do |config|
  config.consumer_key        = "##hidden##"
  config.consumer_secret     = "##hidden##"
  config.access_token        = "##hidden##"
  config.access_token_secret = "##hidden##"
 end

 def user_timeline(qt)
  $client.user_timeline(count: qt)
 end

end

controllers/application_contorller.rb

include TwitterStatus

def index
 @tweets = user_timeline(1)
end

main/index.html.erb

<% @tweets.each do |tweet| %>
  <p><%= link_to tweet.text, "https://www.twitter.com/#{tweet.user.screen_name}" %></p>
<% end %>

Any help would be appreciated, ideally, I'd like to be able to pull all the tweet info (img, name, etc...) and just use what I need.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire