lundi 18 juillet 2022

How to Edit and Update using Faraday Call in Rails

I tried to edit and update columns using Faraday Call on my rails app, I am successfully updating the columns by adding new value.

But I want during update, initially in edit_form, it must show my old values where i can edit it, and then update.

This is my Connection Request

def connection
        Faraday.new(url: ENV['URL'],
                    params: { clientId: ENV['CLIENT_ID'] },
                    headers: { 'Authorization' => oauth_token_generation })
end

This is my edit_request to call end point for connection and update

def edit_request(type,id, params)
        response = connection.patch("#{type}/#{id}", params)
        JSON.parse(response.body)
      rescue JSON::ParserError
        Rails.logger.error 'Invalid Json Data'
        nil
      rescue Faraday::Error => e
        Rails.logger.error "Connection Failed #{e}"
        nil
end

This is my calling method:

def self.get_entities(id,params)
      
      response = Api::Connection.edit_request('entities',id, params)
end

My Controller:

def edit
   @schemas = Api::ApiCall::Schema.get_entities(params[:id],params)
  end

def update    
end

This is my Edit Form where I want to initailly retrive all data then edit and update:

<%= form_for(:schemas, url:schemas_path) do |f| %>
      <%= f.text_field :schemaId, placeholder:"Schema Id"%>
      <%= f.text_area :name, placeholder: "Schema Name"%>
      <%= f.text_area :schemaMnemonic, placeholder: "Schema Mnemonic"%>
      <%= f.text_area :Mnemonic, placeholder: "Mnemonic"%>
      <%= f.text_area :description, placeholder: "Description"%>
      <%= f.submit "Save"%>
<% end %>

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire