mercredi 29 novembre 2017

Ruby Bundler Version Dependency Confusion in Lockfile

I will try and keep this focused.

When trying to move from a working bundler 1.14.6 combined with a Gemfile + Gemfile.lock to 1.15.2 or higher I ran into some failures in our old project's install. We believe that the failure is caused from a Gemfile.lock that is specified in a way that stricter parsing in 1.15.x and higher doesn't like. (found a vague reference to this in an issue posted somewhere on github, lost the reference. Manual resolution was recommended)

On the road to trying to fix it I am faced with trying to understand WHY it is failing and WHAT this has to do with it.

The error I am currently working on is shown below:

Downloading twitter-bootstrap-rails-2.1.0 revealed dependencies not in the API
or the lockfile (therubyracer (~> 0.10.1), less-rails (~> 2.2.2)).

Focussing on the less-rails problem, when I do a

gem list

I get the indication that less-rails is already at 2.2.4.

less-rails (2.2.4)

Why isn't the specified less-rails (~> 2.2.2) not happy with the 2.2.4 that is installed?

Please help me understand so I can take a run at fixing the other issues popping up.

Here is the gemfile and gemfile.lock that exhibits the problem.

Really struggling to understand this one, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire