vendredi 19 juin 2015

Cross-Domain iFrame Tracking with Google Analytics

I have a site (rails 3.2) that displays 3rd party news articles within an iframe. One page contains one iframe. I have Google Analytics setup. For this I use segment.io. The tracking script is in the head section of the container page.

We have no affiliation with the 3rd party news sites. I wanted to check that these 3rd party sites still receive all their analytics data to their own analytics platforms, as if the page was viewed properly in a browser and not in an iframe. So one view for my site and one view for the 3rd party site. Is this correct?

I have seen lots of questions which seem to refer to both parent and iframe site having the same owner. So I wanted to ask a more specific question. Forgive me if this has been answered before.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire