jeudi 16 septembre 2021

Add parameter to all urls in rails

I am working on improving a project where currently we have a user status parameter stored in session. However, I would like to move status out of the session, as I don't want this status to be affected by different tabs from the same users. So my proposal is like I need to add the status to the end of the URL like

htttp://example.com/index/?status=0

I already have a before_action for the application controller to read status like below

 def set_status
    if params[:status]
       @status = params[:status]
    else
       @status = 0
    end
 end

Previously, when I stored the status in the session, the before action was more like below

 def set_status
    if session[:status].nil?
       session[:status] = 0
    end
    @status = session[:status]
 end

But I don't know what to do to add /?status=0 for all URLs I have in the project and keep it unchanged from one page to another unless the user changes it. As it is a very large and complicated project, I don't think I can go to every view or controller action to manually add it one by one. So I am wondering if there is an elegant solution to it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire