samedi 3 juillet 2021

What's an appropriate tech stack for marketplace auction platform

For the last month I've been researching on the subject of developing a marketplace based auction. And was wondering if there are any solutions that are on the market already (such as Sharetribe), or would I better off hire a developer and build it from scratch...

This would be a classic auction, really similar to ebay, where sellers can:

  1. submit a form to create a lot, upload images, choose category, and add description.
  2. choose a time period for how long their item can be sold.
  3. get paid when the lot is sold.

On the other hand, buyers can:

  1. browse items and different categories
  2. bid on an item they like
  3. use an integrated payment gateway to pay for it
  4. watch over the lots they like

So far, I was able to find that Ruby could be a good option for developing this kind of backend. Then started reading about Node.js, and that it could be a good option as well + that way I could use next.js for front-end which is rather cool, since I create design in Figma with a component based approach. I guess I would need a database to store all users data / data on bids and won lots...

So anyways, the question is - how and where do I start... What are some best ways of going around creating this thing?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire