mercredi 13 février 2019

How to use mysql2 0.3.16 with Ruby 1.9.3? (uninitialized constant Mysql2::Client::SECURE_CONNECTION)

I'm trying to set up my local Dev Environment to match my team's. I can't upgrade Ruby/Rails/Mysql2 (for the time being).

I know my local mysql config is good (enough?) because I can create a new Rails project and run it just fine. I'm getting the same error if I run rake db:create or rails s or even start IRB and run require 'mysql2'.

I've googled the hell out of this. I was initially using MariaDB as my Mysql implementation locally. So I thought that might be screwing with the mysql2 gem. So I ripped out MariaDB and finally got Mysql 5.6 working (another team version we're locked into at the moment). After successfully upgrading to Mysql 5.6, I'm confident that's 100% not the issue.

I would expect if I had the wrong password for it to complain about the config somehow. But it's always the same.

uninitialized constant Mysql2::Client::SECURE_CONNECTION

Ruby (RVM): ruby 1.9.3p551 (2014-11-13 revision 48407) [x86_64-linux] Mysql2: 0.3.16

There have been some other version-related struggles, but nothing this strong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I've encountered that I haven't actually tried is building the mysql2 gem locally.

I would expect require 'mysql2' to at least load the gem. Rails nor Rake will work with the gem at all. It's almost like it's missing some internal file.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire