jeudi 9 août 2018

Can't install ruby to /usr/local on Ubuntu 14.04 using rbenv

Have to re-install ruby on our server because our Rails installation is failing (some OpenSSL error). I successfully uninstalled it by running $sudo rm -rf $(rbenv prefix 1.9.3-p194) Because the command rbenv uninstall failed. Then I couldn't $rbenv rehash because:

rbenv: cannot rehash: /usr/local/rbenv/shims/.rbenv-shim exists

But I'm not sure if that matters.

Anyways now when I try to run $rbenv install -v 1.9.3-p194 I get a permission denied error:

cannot create directory '/usr/local/rbenv/versions/1.9.3-p194': Permission denied

But when I run $sudo rbenv install -v 1.9.3-p194 the ruby is installed successfully in /home/anbranin/.rbenv/versions/1.9.3-p194, which is NOT where it's supposed to be, right? It's supposed to be in /usr/local.

Total newbie here trying to run a legacy rails application--our devops person is out--so I'm lacking in knowledge about Linux servers.

My only idea at this point is to just sudo mv the files to usr/local but will that work?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire