lundi 18 janvier 2016

Rails view helper display badge and text

I have an app I'm working on with Rails 3.2.x and Bootstrap 2. I have a view helper which returns different text based on a call's status and attributes.

def status(call)
   if call.call_status == "open" && call.transfer_date > Time.zone.now + 15.minutes
     "Scheduled"
   elsif call.wait_return == "yes" && call.call_status == "open"
     "Active/Wait and Return"
   elsif call.call_status == "close"
     "Closed Call"
   elsif call.call_status == "cancel"
     "Cancelled Call"
   else
     "Active"
   end
 end

I'd like to refactor this to where each condition's text returns a bootstrap badge with the text inside of it. I looked at the API docs for content_tag and I think this is what I need but I'm not 100% sure on how to make this work.

Any help or refactoring advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire