lundi 21 décembre 2015

Error: "Template is missing"

I am getting the error:

Template is missing


Missing template customers/search, application/search with {:locale=>[:en], :formats=>[:html], :variants=>[], :handlers=>[:erb, :builder, :raw, :ruby, :coffee, :jbuilder]}. 

This is happening when I'm trying to make a search bar to search through my existing customers in the database. I think it's happening because I am using a partial '_search.html.erb' but it needs to be a partial and I don't know how to fix this problem.

Here is my customers\ _search.html.erb:

<%= form_tag search_customers_path do %>
    <input class = "searchbar" id ="custsearch" name=query" placeholder = "find colleague" type="text">
<% end %>

the html it's being rendered with (in events\new.html.erb):

 <div class = "searchbar">
      <%= render partial: 'customers/search', :object => @customers, locals:{} %>
      </div>

here is my customers controller 'search' method:

def search
    @q = "%#{params[:query]}%"

    @customers = Customer.where("first_name LIKE ? or last_name LIKE ? ",@q,@q)

    render :layout => false
  end

and here is my routes file:

root 'pages#home'
  get '/main' => 'pages#main'
  get '/signup' => 'customers#new'
  resources :customers do
    collection do
      get 'search'
    end
  end


  get '/compose' => 'events#new'

  resources :events

I'm not even sure if this search will work, but this is the first hurdle to achieving it. Please help!

Thanks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire